Age of children
14 and up
English (French and Swahili an advantage)
Minimum age of volunteer
Minimum commitment period
Six weeks to two months but a full school term is recommended.
What will I be doing?
As a volunteer, your primary responsibility will be helping learners improve their English skills and pass their English exams.
How much time per week?
This project runs from Mondays to Thursdays
after school from 2pm to 4pm.
School term calendar
This project is only available during school terms.
School terms 2010
13 July to 23 September 2010
4 October to 10 December 2010
School terms 2011
19 January to 25 March 2011
11 April to 24 June 2011
18 July to 30 September 2011
10 October to 9 December 2011
- Teaching experience is an advantage
- Volunteers must enjoy working with older teenagers
- You should be interested in different cultures
- Basic French and/or Swahili would be an advantage
- You must be able to work independently with some guidance