New – For Medical Electives Students
Medical Electives in Cape Town
Volunteers direct are pleased to advise that we can now assist fourth and fifth year medical students with medical electives in the teaching university hospitals in greater Cape Town.
Our service includes:
Note: early application is essential as:
- Application for your mandatory registration with the health professionals council of South Africa.
- Assistance with your application at the relevant Cape Town university.
- Good accommodation in a good suburb.
- Meet on arrival in Cape Town.
- Local orientation.
- First day introduction and registration at Cape Town university.
- Emergency assistance and advice at all times.
- H.P.C.S.A. processing can take many months.
- Positions in popular departments are booked well in advance.
Use our experience, expertise and knowledge and cut out the hassle.
Cape Town Medical Electives Costings
Our price includes :
- Forwarding the correct application documentation to your address.
- Registering you with the Health Professionals Council of S.A.
- Registering with the Cape Town University.
- Monitoring your application.
- Meet at Cape Town airport.
- Local Orientation and Travel Advice.
- Good central accommodation in good suburb.
- Escort to and introduction to University on first day.
- Emergency assistance and mentoring.
- Return transport to Cape Town Airport on departure.
- H.P.C.S.A. Registration Fee.
- University Registration Fee.
Total Cost for Most Departments at University of Cape Town and relevant teaching hospitals = R 11,700 per person per 4 weeks.
Certain departments do charge extra, i.e. Nursing , Physiotherapy , Occupational Therapy = R 1,500.
Human Biology and Sports Medicine = R 750
Medical Electives at University of Stellenbosch / Tygerberg Teaching Hospital are generally about R1,200 more per month than U.C.T.
University of Cape Town Teaching Hospitals are central to Cape Town.
University of Stellenbosch / Tygerberg Teaching Hospital are in the northern suburbs of Cape Town.